Friday, January 30, 2015

Nothing changes if nothing changes

So often I meet salespeople who, in conversation, indicate that they would like improve their sales results by closing more sales. When I discuss their practices and techniques and offer some simple suggestions for improvement they resist - not even prepared to put them to the test.

('I couldn't do that'; 'That's not me'; 'I do it my way' are responses I hear frequently.)

It's natural for us as human beings to resist change and stick to the comfortable but it holds us back.

In my opinion it is the # 1 impediment to improving sales results.

Be open to suggestions and be prepared to put them to the test. Not everything will work for everyone but you owe it to yourself (if no-one else) to give new/different techniques a genuine, enthusiastic try.

Let's face it, if we hadn't been prepared to try another way we would still be creating fire by rubbing two sticks together.


(The up-coming post for Monday 2/2 is There are no magic words! It's a reminder that there are no shortcuts to sales success.)

No comments:

Post a Comment